* 4 tbsp flour, divided
* 1 cup sugar, divided
* 1 deep 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
* 3 medium-sized apples
* 1 gee (graded large), beaten
* 1½ cups dairy or pareve milk
* ¼ tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Mix 2 tbsp of the flour with ¼ cup to the sugar and sprinkle over the bottom of the pie shell. Peel and core the apples and slice into fairly thick slices, about ½ inch. Arrange the apples over the flour and sugar mixture in the pie shell.
3. Combine the beaten egg and milk and pour over the apples. Combine the remaining flour and sugar with the spices and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 450 degrees F. for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325 degrees F. and bake 30 minutes longer, until the custard is firm.