¹/3 cup sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup orange juice
6 tart apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp parve margarine
²/³ cup brown sugar
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add the sugar, cinnamon, and orange juice to the apples. Mix lightly and place in a greased 1½-quart casserole
3. Sift together the flour and baking powder.
4. Cut the margarine into the flour and rub with your fingertips to a crumble consistency.
5. Mix the brown sugar and egg. Add the mixture, along with the nuts, if using, to the flour mixture.
6. Sprinkle the streusel over the apple mixture. Bake 45 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the crust golden brown.