One 5-pound whole white fish, trout, or rockfish, gutted and split down the center
1 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 entire head of garlic, minced.
4 medium tomatoes, sliced in rings
½ green pepper, sliced in rings
3 lemons, sliced in rings
½ tsp saffron threads
½ cup vegetable oil
1. Place the entire fish in a glass or earthenware baking dish.
2. Stuff the fish with most of the parsley and garlic. Surround the fish with the remaining parsley and garlic, the tomatoes, green pepper, and lemons.
3. Dissolve the saffron in about ½ cup boiling water and let it sit for a few minutes. Then sprinkle the saffron water over the fish and tomatoes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Pour the oil around the fish and tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, for ½ hour, or until golden and crisp.