3/4 cup Granulated sugar
1 cup Brown sugar
1 cup Butter or Margarine
1 tbsp Vanilla extract
2 Eggs slightly beaten
3 cups Flour
3/4 tsp Baking soda
3/4 tsp Salt
3 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine sugars; add in butter and cream together with the sugar. Add vanilla and eggs; mix together.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and add to the creamed mixture. Mix well; the dough will be stiff.
4. Add the chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
5. Line the cookie sheets with baking parchment or wax paper.
6. Drop dough with a small ice cream scoop onto the sheets.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from oven and cool on wire racks.