* 1 tbsp butter or margarine
* 3 medium onions, chopped (1½ cups)
* 6 cups hot water
* 1 bunch of fresh coriander, about 10 sprigs, tied together
* 1 tbsp flour
* 1 tbsp wine vinegar
* ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 tsp salt, or to taste
* ¼ tsp pepper
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
* 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
* 1 tsp lemon juice
1. Melt 1 tbsp butter in a pan, add the onions, and stir-fry over moderate heat until golden, about 3 minutes. Add the water and the bunch of coriander and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Mix the flour with ¼ cup hot broth and the vinegar. Add this to the soup. Add the cinnamon, salt and pepper and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Remove pan from the heat. Remove and discard the coriander.
3. Mix the eggs with ½ cup slightly cooled broth and return it to the soup pan with the remaining 1 tbsp butter. Stir in the dill, parsley and lemon juice.