* 1- 1/4 qt. vegetable stock
* 2 fresh bay leaves (check especially well for bug infestation)
* 6 spring onions, finely sliced (check especially well for bug infestation)
* 1 fennel bulb, finely diced
* 8 oz. Couscous (check especially well for bug infestation)
* 4 tbs. freshly cooked beetroot, finely diced
salt and fresh ground black pepper
* Pour the vegetable stock into a saucepan. Add the bay leaves, onions and fennel, and bring to the boil.
* Gradually pour in the couscous, stirring continuously until well dispersed in the stock.
* Stir in the beetroot. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
* Season to taste.
* Stir, then leave to rest for 2 minutes before serving.