* 6 cups rich chicken broth
* ½ cup uncooked rice or dry alphabet pasta
* Salt to taste
* 2 eggs
* Juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
1. In a medium saucepan bring the broth to a boil. Add the rice or alphabet pasta and simmer, uncovered, until the rice or noodles are tender. Add salt to taste.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs well; add the lemon juice and mix well. Add a little of the stock, beating constantly with a wire whisk. Slowly add the remainder of the soup, always stirring.
3. Return the soup to the saucepan, bring to a boil, and remove from the heat immediately, Adjust seasoning and serve.
Note: At Passover the same soup is served with broken pieces of matzah or farfel replacing the rice.