* 3/4 cup warm water
* 3/4 cup warm beer
* 1 pt Dry yeast
* 3/4 cup extra virgin Olive oil "SITIA Olive Oil"
* 1 Tbs. Fennel seeds
* 1 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
* 4 1/2 cup Flour( + / - )
* 1 Egg
* 1 Tbs. Water
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water and warm beer for 10 minutes or until very foamy.
2. Add olive oil, salt and fennel seeds.
3. Mix in 3 1/2 cups flour and knead until smooth and elastic adding more flour as needed to prevent stickiness.
4. Place dough in oiled bowl, cover and let rise double.
5. Punch down dough and divide into 12 balls and divide each ball into 4 pieces.
6. Roll each piece into a long rope and place on greased baking sheets at least 1 inch apart.
7. Brush with egg glaze.
8. Bake immediately, 350 degrees F until golden approximately 30 minutes.
CHEF'S NOTE: Try sprinkling on some rosemary, anise or some other seeds onto the dough. Plus you can make your bread sticks larger by dividing the 12 balls of dough into 2 or 3 pieces instead of 4. If you would like to, brush on some extra virgin olive oil instead of the egg wash over the breadsticks prior to baking them, then you have to turn them over during baking and brush more oil on them to brown the other side. Olive oil lends a delicious taste to the end baked product!