* 3 to 4 (long type) Aubergines
* 1 small grated onion (check for infestation)
* 1 to 2 cloves
* crushed garlic
* 1 large, peeled and chopped into small pieces tomatoes
* 3/4 cup olive oil
* 1 tablespoon vinegar
* Sea Salt
* Black Olives
* Green Peppers
1. Wash the aubergines, place in a baking pan and bake in a moderate oven for about one hour or until soft.
2. Allow skin to turn black so as to give a smoke flavour to the salad.
3. Skin aubergines while still hot and chop into small pieces.
4. Continue chopping while adding slowly the onion, garlic, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
5. Put in a salad bowl, and garnish with olives and green pepper.
6. Put in a salad bowl, and garnish with olives and green pepper rings.
7. Serve with roast meat, and grilled or fried fish.