* 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
* 3 tablespoons ice water
* 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ cup vegetable shortening
* Cooking spray
* ½ cup whole pitted dates, chopped
* ¹/³ cup chopped pecans
* 1 cup dark corn syrup
* ½ cup packed brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 4 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. To prepare crust, lightly spoon 1 cup flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine ¼ cup flour, water, and juice, stirring with a whisk until well blended to form a slurry.
3. Combine ¾ cup flour, powdered sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add slurry; toss with a fork until mixture is moist. Gently press mixture into a 4-inch circle on 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap that overlap; cover with two additional sheets of overlapping plastic wrap. Roll dough, still covered, into a 12-inch circle; freeze 10 minutes.
4. Remove top 2 sheets of plastic wrap; let dough stand 1 minute or until pliable. Fit dough, plastic wrap side up, into bottom and up sides of pan. Fold edges under; flute.
5. To prepare filling, sprinkle dates and pecans evenly over bottom of crust. Combine corn syrup and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Bake at 325 degrees for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.