* Two 3½-pound broiler chickens, quartered
* Salt to taste
* Pepper to taste
* Garlic, crushed, or garlic powder, to taste
* Seasoning salt to taste
* Paprika to taste
* 2 small onions
* ½ cup water
* ½ cup white wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder or crushed garlic, seasoning salt, and paprika. Lay each piece, skin side up, in a roasting pan.
3. Slice the onions and lay them over and around the chicken
4. Roast 20 minutes. Turn the chicken over and roast 20 minutes more. Add a little water if the pan becomes dry. Then turn the chicken over once more and roast 20 minutes with the skin side up. Baste with the wine.
5. If you like the skin crisp, place the chicken under the broiler before serving. Otherwise, mere basting from the drippings will add to the flavor.