* 1 lb Phyllo dough
* 1 1/2 lb Shelled nuts; (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts, pine, nuts, mixed as desired)
* 3/4 cup Sugar
* 3/4 cup Bread crumbs
* 1 Tbs. level cinnamon
* 1 cup oil
* sesame seeds; lightly toasted, to sprinkle
* 2 cup Sugar
* 1 cup Water
* 1/2 Lemon, juice of
1. Grind nuts, mix with sugar and crumbs.
2. Set aside.
3. Take one sheet of phyllo dough and cut lengthwise to make 4 long narrow strips.
4. Dab each piece very lightly with oil (which is best done with a pastry brush).
5. Fold over top and bottom of each piece about 1/2 inch.
6. Place 1 level tablespoon of the nut mixture on one corner and fold over to form a triangle.
7. Continue folding over and over until the end of the strip.
8. Form several layered triangles.
9. Place triangles on lightly grassed pan and bake at 325o F until light golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
10. Watch baking carefully as they burn easily.
11. When baked, remove from pan and allow to cool on paper toweling.
1. Cook syrup ingredients together until a drop from a spoon threads
slightly, (about 20 minutes).
2. Do not overcook.
3. When triangles are cool, dip in warm syrup for not more than one minute.
4. Remove and sprinkle with slightly roasted sesame seeds.