* 4 1/2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
* 1/2 cup parve margarine, melted or canola oil
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1 cup light brown sugar
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup parve margarine
* 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup margarine or canola oil, water, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in margarine until mixture is crumbly, then stir in pecans. Spread sweet potato mixture into a greased 9x13 inch casserole dish, then sprinkle pecan mixture over top.