* 1 pound beef bones
* 8 cups water
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 large handful of flat-leaf parsley sprigs
* 1 pound ground beef
* 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
* 3-4 large sprigs of flat-leaf parsley, chopped (¼ cup)
* ½ tsp pepper
* 1 tsp salt
* ½ cup water
* 1 egg yolk
* 10-12 sheets of matzoh
* ¹/3 cup chopped walnuts
* 3 eggs, beaten
* 1 tbsp corn oil
* Put broth ingredients into a large pan or pressure cooker and prepare about 6 cups of broth. Simmer over low heat for at least 1 hour - or 2. Strain the broth and set aside until it is cool.
* Make stuffing: Put the beef, onions, parsley, pepper and salt in a dry pan and stir-fry over moderate heat for 3 minutes, until the color of the beef changes. Add the water and cook until all the liquid evaporates, about 15 minutes. Cool the mixture and stir in the egg yolk.
* Assemble the pie: When the broth cools, moisten the matzohs in it for 1 minute - don't let them disintegrate. Put a double layer of the matzoh, 4 sheets, on the bottom of a well-oiled heatproff baking dish, 8 x 12 x 2 inches. Break the sheets if necessary to fit the bottom. Cover the matzoh with half of the beef stuffing. Scatter over it 3 tbsp walnuts.
* Add 4 more sheets of the moistened matzoh to cover the stuffing. Add the balance of the stuffing and 3 more tablespoons walnuts. Add 2 sheets of matzoh, a single layer, to cover the top of the pie, and pour the beaten eggs over it. Sprinkle 2 tbsp walnuts over all.
* Carefully pour 2 cups beef broth and the corn oil over the top. Bake the pie in a 325 degrees F. oven for 1 hour. Every 15 minutes pour 1 cup of the broth over the top to soften the interior. The pie should be brown and soft with a crisp top.
Serve warm or cool. Serves 8-10 with other dishes.