· 1 Frying or roasting chicken (2.5 lbs. cut into serving pieces)
· 1 Lemon (juice only)
· 4 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil "SITIA"
· 1/2 cup Dry white wine (optional)
· 1 1/2 lb Peeled, chopped tomatoes
· 1 Tbs. Tomato paste; mixed w/ water
· 1/4 cup -Water to mix w tomato paste
· 1 Large stick cinnamon
· 3 Whole cloves
· Sea Salt & freshly ground pepper
· Fresh parsley or watercress (check for infestation)
1. Arrange the chicken parts in a glass or Corning bowl and rub all over with lemon juice.
2. Allow to stand while heating the olive oil in a heavy frying pan.
3. Place the chicken into the heated oil and cook over medium heat, turning with tongs to avoid pricking the flesh
4. Saute until light chestnut brown in color.
5. Heat the wine in a small pan.
6. Pour over the chicken, shake the pan, and continue cooking over low heat.
7. Stir in the tomatoes and tomato paste, slip the cinnamon and cloves in among the pieces, and cover.
8. Simmer over the lowest possible heat for 1-1/2 hours, or until the chicken is tender and the sauce thick.
9. You could also transfer to a medium slow oven (325 F) to complete the cooking.
10. Season with sea salt and pepper.
1. Serve warm over cooked couscous or mashed potatoes.
2. Green raw or cooked vegetables and chilled wine.
3. Garnish with parsley or watercress.
YIELD: 5 Servings.