* 4 large eggs
* 6-8 tbsp olive oil, or 5 tbsp olive oil plus approximately 1-3 tbsp Olive Oil Schmaltz
* 5 cups very thinly sliced onions, plus 1 cup coarsely chopped (about 1½ pounds total).
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
* 1 pound fresh (not previously frozen) chicken livers, rinsed, fat and any green spots removed
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Hard-boil the eggs, cool, and peel. Cut the eggs into eighths.
3. In a 10-12 heavy skillet, warm 3 tbsp of the oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onions, salt and pepper them lightly, and saut