1. 1/2 C. Whey "KOSHER"
2. 1 Tbs. Yeast
3. 2 C. Ricotta *FIERRO BRAND*
4. 2 Tbs. Butter
5. 4 Tbs.. Sugar
6. 1 sm. Onion, minced (check for bugs)
7. 2 tsp. Dill weed (check for bugs)
8. 2 tsp. Dill seed
9. 2 1/2 tsp. Salt
10. 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
11. 2 Eggs
12. 1/2 C. Wheat germ (check for bugs)
13. 5-6 C. Flour
14. Heavy duty mixer (KitchenAid)
1. Heat the whey to luke warm and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Dissolve the yeast in the whey.
3. Place the Fierro's Ricotta and the butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave until the butter just melts (about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high); be sure to stir it occasionally.
4. To the yeast mixture add the sugar, onion, dill weed & seed, salt, baking soda and eggs.
5. Mix until combined.
6. Add the wheat germ and the Fierro's Ricotta, and mix well.
7. Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and beat on medium for 5 minutes.
8. Slowly add another 1 1/2 cups of flour.
9. Now switch to the dough hook and continue to slowly add enough of the remaining flour to create a fairly stiff dough. We recommend using a heavy duty KitchenAid mixer when making this bread. If you have a "weaker" mixer, you may have to finish adding the rest of the flour by hand.
10. Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead until the dough springs back when you poke it (5 to 10 minutes).
11. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 1/2 hours.
12. Punch down, knead briefly and divide in half.
13. Shape the dough into smooth loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
14. Cover and let rise until doubled, about an hour. To be honest, we rarely time the risings; we tend to just keep an eye on the loaves until they look right.
15. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for about 50 minutes.
16. When the bread is done, turn it out of its pan and let it cool on a wire rack.
17. Cut yourself off a piece and eat it while it's still warm.