1 small onion, finely chopped (~1/3 cup) (check for infestation)
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into pieces
4 ounces crumbled Greek feta cheese
1/2 cup chopped pitted Greek kalamata olives or ripe olives
1/4 cup chopped roasted red sweet peppers
1 teaspoon fresh dill , finely chopped (check for infestation)
3 pita bread (rounds)
1. Preheat oven.
2. In a medium skillet cook onion and garlic in olive oil and sesame oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add cream cheese and feta cheese; stir until mixture is nearly smooth.
5. Stir in olives, sweet peppers, and the dill.
6. Set aside.
7. Using a very sharp knife, split pita rounds in half horizontally to form two circles.
8. Place, cut side up, on a large non-greased baking sheet.
9. Broil 3 inches from heat for 1 minute or until pita rounds are lightly toasted.
10. Spread each pita round with about 1/3 cup of the cheese mixture.
11. Broil about 1 minute more or until hot.
12. To serve, use a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to cut each round into 6 wedges.