* 15 ¾ oz. tomatoes, chopped
* 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
* 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
* 1 Tbs. oregano
* 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar * 1 Tbs. olive oil
* 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
* 6 slices French bread, toasted
* salt and pepper to season.
1. Combine and mix all ingredients together apart from the bread.
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Spoon tomato mixture** on the hot toasted bread.
CHEF’S NOTE: **You can use soft feta cheese, pre-fried aubergines, pesto and/or parmesan instead of tomatoes for your topping.
Source: Bruce M.