* ¼ cup sifted confectioners' sugar
* 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
* ½ pound unsalted butter or parve margarine
* 3 ounces ground pecans or unblanched almonds.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. combine the sugar, flour, and butter by cutting the butter into the dry ingredients. (This is done very simply with food processor.)
3. Add nuts, mixing with your hands or a food processor, until the dough is smooth and no longer sticky.
4. Taking a handful of dough at a time, roll it into long 1-inch-wide cylinders. Slice into ½-inch long pieces and shape itno small crescents. Place on ungreaded cookie sheets.
5. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.