1. Clean, then grate the squash with a cheese grater and place on a clean towel or paper towel to remove excess water.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs well.
3. Add grated squash to the bowl along with the flour. Mix well with hands. Mixture should be fairly thick.
4. After you diced the onion, add to the squash mixture and add seasonings.
5. In a frying pan, heat oil over a medium-high flame. Add the squash mixture by spoonfuls and fry on both sides, 4-5 minutes per side. The squash should be a light golden brown color.
6. Remove from the oil and place on paper towels or napkins to remove excess oil. Serve and enjoy.
Notes: These Croquettes are good served hot with pasta or cold on sandwiches.
Variations: Try adding grated radishes, zucchini, potatoes or carrots in the squash mixture. You can also add bread crumbs with the flour for a bit of crunch.