* 1 beef soup bone with meat or 1 veal knucklebone
* 5 cups water
* ¼ cups parsley, chopped
* 1½ cups celery, cut into pieces
* 1½ cups sliced onion
* 1½ cups diced carrots
* 2 potatoes, diced (optional)
* 3 cups tomatoes, solid pack
* 2 tsp salt
* ½ tsp pepper
1. Simmer the soup bone in the water for about 2 hours, covered, over a low flame.
2. Add the parsley, celery, onion, carrots, potatoes, if using, tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
3. Simmer, covered, another hour, or until the vegetables are cooked. Adjust the seasonings.