4 eggs, separated
½ cup sugar
1 cup grated raw carrots tightly packed
¼ cup shredded apple
¼ cup red wine
2 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp grated lemon peel
1/3 cup potato flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Beat the egg yolks with sugar until light.
3. Add the grated carrot, shredded apple, wine, lemon juice, lemon peel, and potato flour. Blend well.
4. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold them into the carrot mixture.
5. Spoon into a well-greased 1½-quart casserole.
6. Bake 35 minutes, or until golden brown. If you serve immediately, the carrot kugel will be very puffy. Served cold, it will fall a bit.