· 2 lbs. zucchini or squash, coarsely grated
· 1 cup chopped onion
· 4 oz. Olympos feta cheese, crumbled
· ½ cup yellow cornmeal
· Freshly ground pepper or Aleppo pepper flakes, to taste
· ¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves, chopped
· 2 eggs
· 1/3 cup Telhinia olive oil, plus more for drizzling
· 2 medium tomatoes thinly sliced (optional)
· 2-3 Tbs. toasted breadcrumbs
1. Toss the zucchini with 1 teaspoon salt and let wilt in a colander for about 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Press the zucchini to extract most of their juices and transfer to a large bowl.
4. Add the onion, the cheese, the cornmeal, plenty of pepper, the mint, and the eggs, one at a time, mixing well with a good spatula.
5. Add the olive oil and mix once more.
6. Lay a piece of parchment paper on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Pour in the zucchini mixture and even the surface with a spatula.
8. If you like, lay the tomato slices on top, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
9. Bake for 10 minutes and lower the oven temperature to 375°F.
10. Bake 25-30 minutes until set and golden brown on top.
11. Let cool and cut into bite-size pieces to serve.