· 3 lb. Cut-up chicken parts (fryer)
· Sea Salt & peper to taste
· 3 lb. fresh okra
· 1/2 cup Vinegar
· 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil "SITIA"
· 1 Onion, med. (chopped) (check for infestation)
· 1 1/2 lb. Tomatoes, peeled - strained
· 2 cups Water
1. Wash the chicken.
2. Season lightly with sea salt & pepper, and set them aside to drain.
3. Wash the okra.
4. Remove the stems carefully, without cutting the okra.
5. Line them up in a large flat pan and sprinkle with the vinegar; place in the sun for 30 min to 1 hour.
6. Place olive oil in a pot, add the chicken, and saute until brown.
7. Then add the onion and let it brown.
8. Add the tomatoes and boil for 3 to 5 min.
9. Add water.
10. Simmer for 30 min.
11. Add okra and continue to simmer, covered, until tender.
12. Watch carefully as this may need a little more water. The okra will have absorbed the liquid and only the oil should remain when the dish is cooked.