· 1 cup Telhinia EV olive oil
· 1 cup granulated sugar
· 3 cups all-purpose flour (sift well)
· 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
· 2 tsp. mixed ground cinnamon and allspice
· 1 cup dried currants or raisins (check for infestation)
· 1 cup coarsely ground almonds or walnuts
· ½ cup lemon or orange liqueur (or brandy) “SABRA”
· 1 ½ cups Olympos orange juice
· 2 Tbs. sesame seeds for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. Beat together the olive oil and sugar with a hand-held mixer.
3. In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, raisins and nuts.
4. Add the oil mixture, the liqueur and orange juice and mix with a spatula.
5. Line a 9 inch square or same sized round pan with parchment paper, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sesame seeds and pour in the batter and sprinkle the top with one more tablespoon sesame seeds.
6. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Let cool on a rack and unmold.