1 pound long beans (check thoroughly for infestation)
3 tablespoons peanut, vegetable or corn oil
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon dry sherry "KOSHER"
1/2 cup water
1. Trim off and discard the tips of the beans.
2. Cut the beans into 2 inch lengths.
3. Heat the oil in a wok or skillet and add the beans.
4. Cook, stirring over high heat about 15 seconds, then add the salt, sugar and wine.
5. Cook, stirring, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the water, cover, and cook about 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Serve hot.